Thursday, July 14, 2005

Vroomm!


I am excited about this new blog community and I hope you all will contribute frequently.

This is a photo I took in Milwaukee last Friay when Ben and I visited the city with my parents. I appreciated the way this elevated walkway went "no where" on a curvey journey that rose higher with every step to a river overlook. Going no where can be better than going somewhere, even if you have to turn around at the end. It is the journey and the view at the end of the climb that makes this structure worth building. I guess you could say it is like building a mountain with one way up and down. Climbing is the attraction along with the entertainment of heights and "S" curves. For me, this structure makes me want to run down its curving path with my arms out-stretched like an airplane yelling "Vroomm!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Yes, my nickname is very appropriate for me. I like things that go vroom, especially backhoes and other trucks. And jets, of course.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home